OBD Diagnostics Made Simple! The Brand New EQUUS INNOVA 3140 CanOBD 2&1 Code Reader / Scanner Tool Kit is the easiest and best way to read, search, retrieve and troubleshoot OBD II (OBD2) and OBD I (OBD1) vehicles. This unit is the latest addition to its top-selling EQUUS diagnostic tool line. This feature-packed tool and software kit is designed to meet the needs of discerning do-it-yourself and professional technicians who desire quick and easy access to diagnostic data essentials for a wide range of vehicles. The 3140 features patented trilingual interface with on-screen code definitions in English, Spanish and French (selected by a menu command) patented all-in-one display showing 25 vital pieces of information at one time. System Status LEDs that show quick emissions readiness status and continuous link for performing drive cycles to verify repairs. It also shows valuable SAE enhanced live and freeze-frame data, and lets the user record and playback live data streams and perform bi-directional testing. It has complete coverage from mode 1 to mode 9. Includes memory battery backup for off-car review and analysis.
- Designed to retrieve diagnostic codes in all OBD2 (1996 and newer) and some of the most popular OBD1 (1981 to 1995) vehicles.
- Unique patented all-in-one back-lit screen display – shows 25 parameters at once without the need to scroll through time consuming menus
- System status LED’s that show quick emissions readiness status and continuous link for performing drive cycles to verify repairs.
- Includes English, Spanish and French Interface & Definitions (selected by a menu command)
- 3-color LED display provides a quick indication of the vehicle’s readiness for an emissions test
- Automatic refresh feature updates data every 30 seconds when connected to the vehicle – an easy way to verify repair completion
- Tool “Hot Keys” provide the ability for the user to quickly jump from one function to the next without scrolling through multiple commands / menus
- Unit is fully updateable with the included PC software and an Internet connection
- Unit uses 3 AA batteries for off-car review and analysis
What Is OBD?
On-Board Diagnostics, or OBD, in an automotive context, is a generic term referring to a vehicle’s self-diagnostic and reporting capability. OBD systems give the vehicle owner or a repair technician access to state of health information for various vehicle sub-systems. The amount of diagnostic information available via OBD has varied widely since the introduction in the early 1980s of on-board vehicle computers, which made OBD possible. Early instances of OBD would simply illuminate a malfunction indicator light, or MIL, if a problem was detected—but would not provide any information as to the nature of the problem. Modern OBD implementations use a standardized fast digital communications port to provide realtime data in addition to a standardized series of diagnostic trouble codes, or DTCs, which allow one to rapidly identify and remedy malfunctions within the vehicle.
- General Motors: 1982 to 1993 and some 1994 to 1995 models.
- Ford, Lincoln, Mercury: 1983 to 1995 models with EEC-IV Systems.
- Toyota / Lexus: 1991 to 1995
- Chrysler / Dodge / Plymouth: 1984 to 1995
- Jeep: 1993 to 1995
- Performs: KOEO (Key On Engine Off), KOER (Key On Engine Running), Timing Check, Cylinder Balance Test, Output State Test, Wiggle Test.
The EQUUS INNOVA 3140 CanOBD 2&1 Tool Kit is designed to retrieve diagnostic codes in all OBD2 vehicles.
- All 1996 and newer OBD2 compliant cars, light trucks, SUVs and minivans foreign and domestic.
- Communicates with all OBD2 protocols: C.A.N. (Controller Area Network), ISO 9141, J1850PWM, J1850VPW, KWP 2000, ISO 14230-4.
Whats in the box?
The EQUUS INNOVA 3140 CanOBD 2&1 Tool Kit comes with the following items:
- EQUUS INNOVA 3140 Scanner Unit
- OBD2 16-Pin DLC Cable
- OBD1 Extension Cable
- OBD1 GM Adaptor (Red)
- OBD1 Ford Adaptor (Yellow)
- OBD1 Toyota / Lexus Adaptor (Green)
- OBD1 Chrysler / Jeep Adaptor (Orange)
- Windows PC Software With Instructional Video
- Serial PC Cable
- Soft Nylon Storage Pouch (x2)
- (3) AA Batteries